[flashrom] Unable to flash bios on a Tyan S2915-E

Alessandro Polverini alex at nibbles.it
Thu Dec 3 14:18:43 CET 2009

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> [...]
> Yes. Can you open the case and tell us which flash chip is used on your
> board? The flash chip is most likely either a 32-pin PLCC or a 8-pin
> SOIC chip. Most likely numbers to find on the chip: ...49..., ...39...,
> ...50..., ...25..., ...29... The chip might be covered with a sticker.
> Please remove the sticker in that case.

Hello Carl,
this is what's written on the chip:

49LF080A
33-4C-NHE
0726291-B

I discovered the board is a S2915 and not S2915-E, the only difference
is that in the latter quad and six core cpus are supported, but I
suppose that's not relevant for you.

I'm available if you need me to try something else,
thanks,
Alex