[flashrom] [RFC] Coding style limits

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Dec 15 05:31:27 CET 2009

We currently have a 80-column limit in almost all files (except database
like stuff in flashchips.c etc.).
In the last few months, we have added more debug messages and more
verbose and thus better understandable messages. Especially at a deep
nesting level, using printf_debug can mean you have less than 20 chars
per line left for messages. This actively reduces code readability.

I would like to move the column limit from 80 to some other agreed-upon
value, but I don't know which one.
- 100
- 120
- 132

What do YOU think?

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
Developer quote of the month:
"We are juggling too many chainsaws and flaming arrows and tigers."