[flashrom] [RFC] Coding style limits

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 00:05:35 CET 2009

That's why these arguments always get so messy.

I say "stick with lindent". Error messages getting too long? One
solution that I've seen:

char *Ewhatever = "whatever"

Then in the print you do:
fprintf(stderr, "Ewhatever");

I think once you open this discussion up you open it up completely, as
we can see.

I also think going to four space indent was one of the huge Python
mistakes, but that's just me :-)

If you want to open it up just a little to solve this current problem,
one possibilty is this:
"lindent style with arbitrary length lines"

80 columns --> a standard set in 1890. do we need that?

Is it also possible that the real problem is that some things ought to
be functions that are not?

ron