[flashrom] Is K7S6A supported by flashrom?

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Dec 22 02:30:13 CET 2009

Hi Dave,

On 19.12.2009 20:11, spirals wrote:
> [...] no effect on my problem o/p when flashing my BIOS remains :
> flashrom v0.9.1-r792
> No coreboot table found.
> Found chipset "SiS 745", enabling flash write... FAILED!
> This chipset supports the following protocols: Non-SPI.
> Disabling flash write protection for board "Elitegroup K7S6A"... OK.
> Calibrating delay loop... OK.
> Found chip "SST SST39SF020A" (256 KB, Parallel) at physical address
> 0xfffc0000.
>
> [...] patch is in but I still get Found chipset "SiS 745", enabling
> flash write... FAILED! so write enable is NOT working. Brain is
> slightly addled, (dja.) spirals.

thanks for the report. I admit that the message is confusing. "enabling
flash write... FAILED" does not mean that write enable failed, it just
means that at least one of the expectations of the chipset write enable
function was violated. And yes, we should fix that up. The problem is
that we don't have any docs for this chipset and the code was just a guess.

However, board the flash write enable function works fine as you can see
from looking at the output: The flash chip is now found and it wasn't
found before.

> Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>> On 08.12.2009 11:41, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
>>> http://patchwork.coreboot.org/patch/635/
>>
>> And committed in r808 with some modifications.

Unless you have problems writing to the chip, I think everything is OK.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
Developer quote of the month:
"We are juggling too many chainsaws and flaming arrows and tigers."