[flashrom] HP Vectra VL420 SFF

Michael Karcher flashrom at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Wed Dec 23 01:42:36 CET 2009

Am Mittwoch, den 23.12.2009, 01:35 +0100 schrieb Mattias Mattsson:
> > Mattias, please try this patch, also, please send the output of
> > "dmidecode -s baseboard-manufacturer" and "dmidecode -s
> > baseboard-product-name" to this list, in case we are going to implement
> > DMI-based device detection. Your machine would be a candidate where it
> > seems useful.
>
> The patch works. Many thanks!
Thank you for your quick feedback.

> Here's the requested output:
>
> # dmidecode -s baseboard-manufacturer
> Hewlett-Packard
>
> # dmidecode -s baseboard-product-name
> HP System Board
>
> The above seems rather generic so here's also:
>
> # dmidecode -s baseboard-version
> A04

The version alone doesn't tell us much, and manufacturer HP can already
be determined by the PCI IDs. Can you check the full dmidecode output
for some string we can use to detect the VL420 SFF hardware? Maybe
system-product-name. If you are to attach a plain dmidecode output,
please remove all serial numbers/GUIDs.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher