[flashrom] No EEPROM found (Sony Vaio VGN-FE21S)

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Nov 27 13:23:18 CET 2009

On 27.11.2009 13:03, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> On 11/26/09 7:46 PM, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
>
>> On 11/26/09 7:34 PM, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
>>
>>> superiotool finds nothing on this machine. It's i945/ICH7
>>>

>> The flash part is one of:
>>
>> * EON EN29LV800AB
>> * AMD M29LV800BE
>> * Spansion S29AL008D
>> * AMIC A29L800A

Could you cross-check your flash part list with the list of supported
chips? Maybe some of them are unsupported. Patches are appreciated as
always.

> Ok, Carl-Daniel, you were of course right. :-)

Heh. I would have loved to be wrong because that would have made the
solution easier. ;-)

> The flash part is behind
> an ENE KB3910SF embedded controller. Opening the box I found out it's a
> spansion S29AL008D. Now if only the KB3910SF (EnE 910) datasheets were
> available.

You could sniff LPC and SPI buses during reflashing with the vendor
flash tool and correlate the dumps. It should at least give you an idea
on how to probe for the EC and possibly also on how to send commands to
the flash chip. The probe sequence is most interesting, though, because
it allows flashrom to detect the EC and issue a warning message.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
Developer quote of the month:
"We are juggling too many chainsaws and flaming arrows and tigers."