[flashrom] Tyan flash S2915 fails under linux - chip detection problem....?

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Mon Mar 1 17:43:44 CET 2010

Hi,

On 01.03.2010 17:03, Phil wrote:
>  I have another data point, since I upgraded the bios on my Tyan S2915
> MB, using a hacked CD and DR-DOS. After a cold boot, using the svn
> version of flashrom , the new bios (v401) made no difference to the
> chip detection problem.
>
> I mention this, since the board had the oldest version of the bios and
> since the PCI routines had a bug (video cards change address every
> boot), there was an outside chance that my board would not respond
> like the Tyan representative's, since the bios was older.
>
> My machine has 8 GB of memory, and I qm running a 32 bit  version of
> 2.6.31.12-0.1-pae

Oh, I didn't notice that before. Kernels with PAE support do not work
with flashrom. Can you try booting a 64 bit kernel (e.g. from a 64 bit
Linux Live CD) and run flashrom from there?

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
"I do consider assignment statements and pointer variables to be among
computer science's most valuable treasures."