[flashrom] Flashrom - DOS version report

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Mon Mar 29 09:12:37 CEST 2010

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger napsal(a):
> On 24.03.2010 00:22, RayeR wrote:
>> Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>>> Ah yes. That's a limitation of the DOS port of flashrom.
>>> Usually the SB600 SPI base address is near the top of the address space
>>> (4 GB). On your board it is below 1 MB, and AFAIK Rudolf said that we
>>> can't map any region below 1 MB as uncached due to CWSDPMI/DJGPP
>>> limitations.
>>>
>> Acessing memory below 1MB is possible via dosmemput/dosmemget which
>> use _dos_ds selector.
>
> OK. Can you or Rudolf implement this?

Well second possibility is to use another mapping function to map the 1MB using
0508h as it was in NVCLOCK, I could not use that because I was running out of
mem, because the function requires first to ALLOCATE the memory and then map
OVER it the device mem. Maybe we can do following, we can use 0508 for the low
mem acesses, and rest use the mapping as it is now.

Everyone is sure that the board really has so strange MMIO address? Maybe it is
because of real mode accesses to SPI controller?

Rudolf