[flashrom] another hot-swapped winbond dip8

Xhuman xhuman at xhuman.org
Sun Nov 21 13:33:26 CET 2010

latest (as of 11.20.10) svn/git checkout of flashrom.  success with 3
different dip8 bios(es?) w/ same MoBo (i guess as long as bios dip p/o
were the same, it would work??.) here's the terminal output, in case it
is of help-  side note, i applied the latest(?) nvidia chipset patch to
the svn source and got an error during the make/install command-
applied patch via quilt gui, and the error was for the module for which
the patch was made - ie. it just didn't build the 'nvidiaXXy.o' -just
popped the patch (and a glass pirate eye fell out) and did a make
distclean (what ever happened to Mr. Proper?) and everything built
fine.  again, amidst my 'i've been up for two days trying to recover my
Fuckdo$e 7 box psychotic ramblings', thanks for your work. if my email
seems hard to follow, that's because it is.  it must suck to be on the
receiving end of my corrospodence (sp) . i read too much burroughs and
artaud during my younger days- my writing abilities are pretty much
fucked-for-a-while at this point.

as far as testing, if you want/need/etc, i will include output from
flashrom commands as i try them on other (people's) boards. (i help out
the relatives across the street with computer *repair*.  many people
(unknowingly) have sacrificed $100's worth of machines in the name of my
education, and i am a bold, and hell of a curious motherfucker.
especially when it comes to flashing chipsets (i have a decent pile of
linksys hope!ess!y bricked routers from my jtag study course, and i'm
ready to add some motherboards to the trophy pile.  i love flashing
chips, bios, and children-  especially when it's really 'iffy' and the
likelyhood is high that i'll have to make up a diagnostic lie as to why
customer's comps are now parts and paperweights)