[flashrom] nic3com, remote flashing, slow stdout/stderr and failure on erase

Maciej Pijanka maciej.pijanka at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 01:14:41 CEST 2010

Hello

Setup is relativelly simple, there are two involved machines
one which works as display/terminal, with X running etc and second
where flashrom runs.

Inside xterm on first i have ssh to second, then screen and shell where i invoke flashrom
(svn up done about hour ago)

if i do flashrom -p nic3com -V -E it will fail, (no matter if have -V or not)
if i do flashrom -p nic3com -V -E >out 2>err it will work (and erase AT29C512 i have in socket)

also if i do sleep 3; flashrom -p nic3com -V -E and switch to second screen window on same
machine it will work too.

I guess is that some delay inside printf routines during progress make problem.

I am reporting because Carl asked for report on irc.

best regards
Maciej

--
Maciej Pijanka
I don't fear computers, I fear lack of them -- Isaac Asimov