[flashrom] saibotd from IRC

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Sep 10 23:15:03 CEST 2010

On 10.09.2010 20:10, Tobias Duehr wrote:
> This is an Acer Aspiron L5100. I've got the BIOS from
> http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/desktop/aspire_l5100.html
> (R01-B0)
>

> flashrom -v
> DMI string system-manufacturer: "Acer                "
> DMI string system-product-name: "Aspire L5100"
> DMI string system-version: "R02-A1"
> DMI string baseboard-manufacturer: "Acer                "
> DMI string baseboard-product-name: "FRS690L             "
> DMI string baseboard-version: " "
> DMI string chassis-type: "Desktop"

Please download latest flashrom from svn, then apply the attached patch,
compile it, then use flashrom to write your backup. This will only work
for restoring the backup.
If you check with "flashrom -V backup.rom" afterwards, it should say
"VERIFIED".

If someone comes up with a patch that fixes the boot block lock, please run
"svn revert"
in the flashrom directory before applying such a patch to make sure no
trace of my patch remains.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--