[flashrom] Gigabyte M720-US3

Grim Reaper xj at wp.pl
Mon Jul 4 15:02:07 CEST 2011

OK no problem.

BTW. I used flashrom from standard Ubuntu repository (in this case this was ubuntu-studio). Maybe package maintainer should update it. don't know who it is , maybe one of you ;-) ? Once again great work, update Bios from running system is much more flexible than standard solution. Why baseboard producers not support you ?

Dnia 4-07-2011 o godz. 9:44 Stefan Tauner napisał(a):
> On Sun, 03 Jul 2011 18:19:37 +0200
> "Grim Reaper" <xj at wp.pl> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I sucessfully flash my BIOS using flashrom, but warning apear. See
> attachement - there is output from "flashrom -V".
> >

> hello and thanks for your report!
>
> i have added the GA-M720-US3 to our list of supported boards and will
> commit it later.
> you are using a pretty outdated version of flashrom. before you try it
> on other boards consider upgrading/building it yourself please:
> http://flashrom.org/Downloads#Installation_from_source
> regarding the "warning": i am not sure about the current state of our
> nvidia support, but as long as it works (i.e. verifies at the end),
> there is no reason for concern :)
>
> ps: please don't compress logs sent to our ml in the future. it is
> easier for us to search through the mail archives that way.
> --
> Kind regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Stefan Tauner

Best Regards
XJ