[flashrom] Report: Winbond W39V080FA -- success, mostly

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Jul 17 16:17:42 CEST 2011

On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 20:44:40 -0500
Michael Sternberg <sternberg at anl.gov> wrote:

> On Jul 16, 2011, at 20:24 , Stefan Tauner wrote:
> >
> > i would like to mark your board as supported. the dmi data indicates
> > that is a this board:
> > http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon1333/5000P/X7DBT.cfm
> > there are similar boards which may have the same signature, especially
> > this one:
> > http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon1333/5000P/X7DBT-INF.cfm
> >
> > can you please state the exact model of the board(s) you have tested?
>
> Yes - I actually used the X7DBT-INF variant, which has a Mellanox MT25204AD-FCC-D chip on-board. This InfiniBand chip is evidently outside the purview of the BIOS.  There is just one manual for {X7DBT,X7DGT}{,-INF}. The BIOS reports just the base variant (as shown), and is the same for these four boards.
>
> 	http://www.supermicro.com/support/bios/		"7DBT"
> 	http://www.supermicro.com/support/manuals/index.cfm
>
> 	"The X7DBT/X7DBT-INF supports the 5000P Chipset, and the X7DGT/X7DGT-INF supports the 5000X chipset"

i am not so sure that the infiniband controller or the chipset version
is "outside the purview" of the bios, but it is not noted in the DMI
data apparently. this is expected and that's the reason i have asked
for the exact motherboard model ;)
other versions will probably also just work, but we (try to) note the
exact board versions in our supported hardware database to be on the
safe side. if you test the other variants i am happy to add those too.
i have added the X7DBT-INF version to the database and will commit that
later. thanks again!