[flashrom] Success: Intel 82802AB on Supermicro X5DP8-G2 (chipset Intel ICH3-S/Intel E7501)

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Jun 12 20:05:53 CEST 2011

On Sat, 9 Apr 2011 22:26:15 +0200
Gerard Krol <gerard at gerardkrol.nl> wrote:

> Just a quick note to report success in flashing my bios using flashrom.
>
> Mainboard: Supermicro X5DP8-G2
> Chipset: Intel E7501 (Intel ICH3-S)
> Flash Chip (reported by flashrom): Intel 82802AB
>
> I had to cut the rom to the correct size using
> dd if=ORIGNAL.ROM of=new.rom bs=512k count=1
>
> I did a -r and then a -w, no errors. No other options were used. The
> bios complained about a wrong CMOS checksum after reboot so it loaded
> default settings.

Hello Gerard!

thanks for letting us know about this. in the future please always
provide at least a log of "flashrom -V", or if possible the log of the
actual write procedure. this prevents any misinterpretations and other
mistakes and is even less work than compiling such a nice summary ;)
i have marked the used flash chip as fully tested and also added the
board to the list of known boards. will commit that later.