[flashrom] Success flashing Supermicro X7SPA-HF

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Sun Jun 19 04:18:55 CEST 2011

On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 11:34:49PM +0100, Jochen Schulz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to say thanks and report that I just successfully flashed
> the BIOS of my brand-new mainboard Supermicro X7SPA-HF¹ using flashrom.
>
> After wasting a whole evening trying to make a 4MB BIOS image fit onto a
> (virtual) floppy, I stumbled upon flashrom again and, without much
> thought, decided to give it a try. I tried reading the current BIOS
> first and after that worked I flashed the file X7SPA0.526 from the
> current zip download. I ignored the message that erasing is untested and
> another one that suggested that a single block or something like that
> couldn't be eraed. After five minutes of waiting I became a little bit
> nervous, but two or three minutes later flashrom was finished and I
> could reboot successfully.

Thanks for the report, we marked the board as supported.

Just to make sure -- the board booted fine after the flashing _and_ it
had the new BIOS image on it (BIOS version increased)?
If possible, could you please re-try the latest version from svn and
send the write logs (use -V and -w)?

Thanks, Uwe.
--
http://hermann-uwe.de     | http://sigrok.org