[flashrom] It is hard to report a bug....

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jun 20 12:47:14 CEST 2011

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 08:29:14 +0200
Sven Anders <sven at anders-hamburg.de> wrote:

> Am 17.06.2011 16:26, schrieb Stefan Tauner:
> >> I have used the flashrom version from debian squeeze. So I thought: "I
> >> should use a newer version" .
> >
> > good idea, because 0.9.2 is ancient. ;)
> > you may not be able to succeed with the current developers version
> > either, but i would really like to see a (verbose i.e. with parameter
> > -V) log of an read attempt with it. i am currently working on better
> > support for intel chipsets.
>
> In the attachment you will find the output for the machine (0.9.3-r1324).

nope i wont ;)
if you did not uninstall the old version it is probably still in your
PATH and gets executed when you launch "flashrom". you need to either
remove the old version and change your PATH variable to contain the
path where the new binary is, or you execute flashrom directly
with ./flashrom.

> I have filled in a bug again, and wrote down the message:
>
> -- snip --
> Trac-Fehler
>
> Submission rejected as potential spam
>
> -- snap --
> (Trac-Fehler is german for "Trac-Error")
>
> That does not sound like it will be held for moderation.

nope, and it is different from what i got when i filed a report. i will
inform the admin of our trac. sorry for the time trac has stolen you.

> I have also searched for a posibility to create a Trac account, but I
> found  no register page. Please change the issue tracker, because I am
> sure that you will loose many information from users, if they see such a
> page.

jup, there is no registration possible afaics.