[flashrom] Flashrom failed on Axiomtek eBOX620-823 embedded computer

Kenneth Frost kfrost at oemcontrols.com
Wed Sep 7 13:22:58 CEST 2011

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for answering.

Before I did the write I backed up the bios to a file and verified
it.    All was OK.
I then performed a write using a new updated flash bios.    The write
failed and also left the flash in a state where the bios will not
function.     Verification of the original saved flash now fails.   I
have not shutdown the system yet.  Do you need the data   sheet for the
SST 49FL008A flash?

The error returned from the write is:

    root at sysresccd /mnt/windows/AXIOMTEK % flashrom -VVV -w 84823XH.003
     > write.txt
    ERASE FAILED at 0x00000000! Expected=0xff, Read=0x40, failed byte
    count from 0x00000000-0x00000fff: 0x8c2
    ERASE FAILED!
    ERASE FAILED at 0x00000000! Expected=0xff, Read=0x40, failed byte
    count from 0x00000000-0x0000ffff: 0x84a
    ERASE FAILED!
    FAILED!
    ERASE FAILED!
    FAILED!
    Your flash chip is in an unknown state.
    Get help on IRC at irc.freenode.net (channel #flashrom) or
    mail flashrom at flashrom.org with FAILED: your board name in the
    subject line!
    DO NOT REBOOT OR POWEROFF!
    root at sysresccd /mnt/windows/AXIOMTEK %

The verbose output from the command above is attached as write.txt

Regards,

Ken Frost

--
OEM CONTROLS Inc.