[flashrom] Fix for serprog-ardu initialization failure due to unimplemented S_CMD_S_BUSTYPE (0x12)

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Thu Aug 23 13:54:13 CEST 2012

On Wed, 2012-08-15 at 02:10 +0200, Alexander Meyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had problems making flashrom talk to an Arduino as described in
> http://www.flashrom.org/index.php?title=Serprog&redirect=no
>
> It always failed right after this:
> Warning: Automatic command availability check failed for cmd 0x12 -
> won't execute cmd
I am sorry, I was waiting for a Tested-by line that didn't come fast
enough(I don't have the hardware with me so I rely on a user to test my
commits)....

Now the fix should be pushed...

Beside There are issues with the speed with the arduino uno because of
the microcontroller doing the USB<->Serial conversion....

Such issues are absent on the arduino duemillanove.

I'll try to fix it when I have access to my arduino uno again....
Also I have not found the corresponding source code of the firmware
running on that microcontroller: they give a binary in the arduino git
and source code that doesn't seem to correspond to it.

However I've a nearly equivalent(only reset don't work out of the box)
firmware with LUFA alone.
The idea is to fix the reset and then try to fix the serial issues that
occur at higher speeds.

Denis.