[flashrom] FAILED : mcp61sm -am

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Feb 8 21:23:23 CET 2012

On Wed, 8 Feb 2012 20:47:13 +0100
Vince S <vince06fr at gmail.com> wrote:

> can i restore my bios from my linux session or do i have to reboot (i have
> another bios with i can reboot) to flash it from a freedos live usb?

*if* you are talking about the acer you reported last month and *if* i
understood your question correctly, *then* you should be able to write
the flash chip with flashrom in your linux session. your previous log
confirmed at least that erasing works. writing will almost always work
if erase works. if you read out the good contents with -r, install the
bad chip, write the previously read good content with -w, the two chips
should be identical. please ask further questions if something is not
clear.