[flashrom] successful BIOS flash report

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Feb 15 16:36:46 CET 2012

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 20:40:10 +1300
John-Paul Vanderjagt <flashrom at vanderjagt.co.nz> wrote:

> Dear maintainers at flashrom at flashrom.org.
>
> FYI, I'd like to report a successful BIOS flash on an Asus P5K-V
> main board.  See relevant info below.  You may update your list
> http://flashrom.org/Supported_hardware with this info.  Thanks for
> producing flashrom.
> […]

Hello John-Paul,

thanks for your report!
I have marked the mainboard as supported and will commit that later
together with other small changes.
Your report contains quite some information we actually don't care much
about. More important than anything else is the (verbose/-V) output of
the actual write operation of flashrom (or if that is no longer
available just the verbose output of a probe (i.e. just flashrom -V).
Apart from that a link to the vendor website is handy and the exact
revision of the board if applicable might be of interest sometimes. I
write this because you seem to have invested quite some time on your
report (which i really appreciate).