[flashrom] ASUS M4N78 PRO -- flashrom -V

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jan 24 04:29:44 CET 2012

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 18:36:15 +0100
"Pavel Stehlík" <pavel.stehlik at centrum.cz> wrote:

> Bios written and read sueccessfully. (On Xubuntu 11.10 Oneiric)
>                           Thanks for your work on this utility, Pavel Stehlik.

Hello Pavel,

thanks for your report!
I have marked the mainboard as tested and will commit that later
together with other small changes.

> P.S. : Possibility to rewrite Macronix_MX25L8005 status register (user value, 00->FF or something like that) would be welcome.
> I wont to write-protect my BIOS and besides connecting pin 3(!WP) to gnd, setting of some bits of SR is neccessary.

without looking at the datasheet i presume that connecting !WP to
ground is enough to write protect the whole chip. The lock bits in the
status register are a sofware write protection that works independently
of the hardware protection (normally). Some chips indicate the HW
protection status in the SR though (and flashrom prints it sometimes).