[flashrom] FT232H support (was: FAILED: MS-7302)

Miloud Malagouen miloud.malagouen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 18:38:12 CEST 2012

Thank you for your response.

The erase/write operations was finally done but the verify operation
failed. But the difference was not so big and the board is booting again.
I'm lucky.

The patch I sent to you should not be considered because it relies on a
modification of the ftdi.h header file witch is part of the libftdi-dev(el)
package and not flashrom. So the definition of TYPE_232H should be checked
during the configure phase of the build. I know that the flashrom build
does not compile ft2232_spi programmer support if the file  ftdi.h is not
found. So further test could be considered.

But I think it should be  easier to wait for the libftdi project to add
support to the FT232H chip.

I was helped in my work by a nice project called libmpsse found on
code.google.com. It's a SPI/I2C api build on top of libftdi, using the
MPSSE engine and it  works fine. When I run the samples of this project I
see a red led lighting on the cable during operation. I never saw this led
with any other tools, even those of FTDI. I think this code does a good job
on initialisation/de-initialisation of the MPSSE engine of the FT232H chip.
The python binding is also inpressive. With a few lines of code once can
read a flash memory.

Sorry, i'm not an electronic expert and I think the quality of the links
was very poor.

Thank you.