[flashrom] IBM SurePOS 700 4800-783 support

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jul 20 01:52:23 CEST 2012

On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 13:57:36 +0200
Stefan Tauner <stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> Above all we need to work on the support for the VIA chipset (VT8251),
> but IBM won't be able to help us with that. I have no news regarding
> that.

Hello again,

i have a patch for you to test. It tries to add support for the VT8251
by using the code for similar VIA chipsets. We are pretty confident
that it will work although we could not verify it against a datasheet
(yet). The Renesas chip might still be a problem, but we hopefully be
able to take one step forward. Please apply the attached patch to the
current subversion head and send us the output of

flashrom -V -p internal:laptop=this_is_not_a_laptop

and if that finds a chip also the output of

flashrom -V -p internal:laptop=this_is_not_a_laptop -r testfile.bin

Please don't try to write or erase yet!