[flashrom] Supermicro X9DRT-HF+

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Nov 24 14:06:25 CET 2012

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 15:09:51 -0700
Jason Wolfe <jason at llnw.com> wrote:

> This looks to be the same Intel X79 chip from the info submitted on Sep
> 10th in the 'Supermicro X9QRi-F+' email (
> http://www.flashrom.org/pipermail/flashrom/2012-September/009887.html) ,
> but in the interest of documentation I figured I'd submit this report
> from a Supermicro X9DRT-HF+ also.  Any movement on support for this chip
> since that initial report?

Hello and thanks for your report. As discussed on IRC the chipset
itself is not the problem, but its configuration as specified by the
descriptor region in the flash chip an also the SMM protection which
can only be overcome by following the firmware's proprietary interface
(which is of course not documented publicly).

I have added the board to our list of (un)supported boards (with an
appropriate note) and will commit that later together with other small
changes.