[flashrom] a serious problem to solve

Henry Blanco Lores hblanco2009 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 21:41:42 CET 2013

Hello guys, I have subscribed to this mailing list looking for some help
about the use of the flashrom tool.
The problem is this:

A friend of mine who has just started using Linux, was testing some tools
and not reading carefully their corresponding manuals, he executed this
command: flashrom -r

and this seems to have erased the BIOS of his PC. This is my guess because
he just told me by phone that not even the video signal was working. His
motherboard is an ASUS P5GC. Is it possible to recover the BIOS back to the
previous state??

Please, I will be looking forward for your comments.
Thanks in advance.

H.