[flashrom] W836xx: Supermicro X8DTG-D: flashrom -V

Mueller, Daniel DANIEL.MUELLER at saic.com
Mon Jul 22 22:01:55 CEST 2013

Good afternoon,

Today I tested flashrom on a Supermicro X8DTG-D motherboard. Below are
the commands I ran, a link to their output, and any of my notes on that
step.

Test environment: 64 bit CentOS 6 image booted via PXE, linux kernel
2.6.32-358.6.1, Supermicro X8DTG-D with BIOS Rev. 2.1a

`flashrom -p internal -V` http://paste.flashrom.org/view.php?id=1702

`lspci -nnvvxxx` http://paste.flashrom.org/view.php?id=1703

`superiotool -deV` http://paste.flashrom.org/view.php?id=1704

`flashrom -V -r x8dtg-bak.bin -p internal`
http://paste.flashrom.org/view.php?id=1707

`flashrom -V -w X8DTG.21A` http://paste.flashrom.org/view.php?id=1708

                Note: The BIOS binary released by Supermicro, Rev. 2.1a.

At this point, I rebooted the system to verify the write was successful
and see if any settings were changed.

`flashrom -V -v X8DTG.21A -p internal`
http://pase.flashrom.org/view.php?id=1705

                Note: The return code was 255

Is it normal behavior to have the verify operation succeed after a
write, but fail after a reboot?

Daniel Mueller

Systems Engineering co-op