[flashrom] Intel C602 support

Greg Schardt gschardt at ddn.com
Wed Mar 13 14:15:32 CET 2013

Stefan,

I have modified the flashrom code to allow reads and writes to unprotected regions to occur, but am still blocked by having the ME region locked. Do you have any idea how the AFUDOS utility is able to modify the Management Engine region even though it should be locked? I would have thought that the Region Access Control settings would be in effect once the BIOS finished booting, before DOS could start. According to documentation, asserting HDA_SDO is the only way to override these settings, do you think that is the mechanism being used?

Thanks,
Greg