[flashrom] Supermicro X9SCM-F - not supported yet?

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Mar 15 00:36:38 CET 2013

On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 05:42:37 +0800
Alexander List <alex at list.priv.at> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> according to your website my board (Supermicro X9SCM-F) is not supported
> yet.
>
> http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/xeon/c202_c204/x9scm-f.cfm
>
> I wonder what's faster - me figuring out how to get a PXE boot
> environment up and running here at home so I can boot a FreeDOS HDD
> image via the net, or me helping you support this type of board ;)

Hello Alexander,

thanks for your report!

The problem is the locked ME region. We are working on unlocking it or
working around it, but intel does not provide us any documentation so
please do not expect a solution soon (or ever).

I have added the board to our list of (un)supported boards (with an
appropriate note) and will commit that later together with other small
changes.