[flashrom] M25P16, erase (ok) and write (not ok) -> Good news!

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Oct 19 01:38:24 CEST 2013

On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 19:09:06 +0200
Raven <originalraven at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello again,
> can not say it in english, but in german:
> Ich denke deine "glückwünsche" haben geholfen!!! :-D

Yey

> Now i'm at home and tested again. And it works! ;-)
> Sometimes the reader still "locks up", but the verify is always good!
> Maybe my computer at work is bad or it's an ubuntu problem.
> Here at home i have LMDE (debian).

Unlikely. Probably you just have bad luck with the timing of the USB
data stream.

> The same chip works well here.
> I attached logs from read, write, erase and verify.
> If you need more tests, just tell me.
> The exact name of the chip is "*M25P16VG*".

I'll mark the flash chip as fully tested and will commit that later
together with other small changes.

> About the AT45DB161D:
> It's still red and says "no" on the homepage. Because of this i thought
> its not supported.
>
> And i test it with the AT45DB011B, let's see if it works. ;-)

Oh you are right. I forgot to update the wiki after merging quite a
bunch of patches.

> For the AT-Chips:
> The resistor R1 is needed?
> And Vcc connect to "hold" and "wp"?

The R1 is a so-called pull-up resistor. It pulls the voltage of /CS up
to VCC. So the default if nothing is applied by the arduino is
"unselected".
Yes, /hold and /wp should be pulled up to high too (with or without a
pull-up resistor does not matter too much because they are static
anyway).