[flashrom] Avoton patches for flashrom

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Aug 5 09:16:58 CEST 2014

On Tue, 5 Aug 2014 00:54:03 -0400
TR Reardon <thomas_reardon at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Attempted write failed.  Log attached.  Haven't looked at further, but
> seems like partial reads work, but partial writes fail, due to early
> full-read before attempted partial-write.
>
> I use the term "partial" to mean a single region in the layout file.

Yes, I agree. We read the whole flash first to be able to diagnose
problems and recover from failures. Naturally this actually makes
flashrom fail if it can't read anything. For now there is a
read_all_first variable in doit() in flashrom.c that allows to turn
this off manually.

You are also absolutely right about the write-only check
for layout files in cli_classic.c. That check was introduced way after
the layout patches were produced. I'll change that in my branch
somewhere, thanks.