[flashrom] Where is read lock typically implemented?

TR Reardon thomas_reardon at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 5 21:41:03 CEST 2014

Got it, thanks all for the quick responses.

I take it that read-protection of non-described areas (ie where there
are gaps in the described regions) is done _implicitly_ by the ICH SPI
controller?

In the case of Winbond 25Q64 chips, I saw only write-protection in the
datasheet, no chip-level read-protection.

+Reardon