[flashrom] Gigabyte GA-J1900N-D3V-1.x data

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Dec 20 22:40:40 CET 2014

On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 16:24:36 -0800
Matt Taggart <matt at lackof.org> wrote:

> Hi coreboot and flashrom,
>
> I recently got a Gigabyte GA-J1900N-D3V-1.x board. This board is
> interesting to me because A) it's Bay Trail, B) it's got dual NICs and real
> serial ports, and C) it's inexpensive. I followed the guide at
>
>   http://www.coreboot.org/Motherboard_Porting_Guide
>
> I put the logs and a README with more info at
>
>   http://lackof.org/taggart/hacking/coreboot/GA-J1900N-D3V-1.x/
>
> (and a tarball of that dir in the parent dir)
>
> The flashrom output is from SVN trunk as of today to ensure latest chip
> support.
> In particular flashrom reports untested:
>
>   Found chipset "Intel Bay Trail" with PCI ID 8086:0f1c.
>   Found Macronix flash chip "MX25U6435E/F" (8192 kB, SPI).
>
> I haven't yet attempted anything beyond that. I don't yet have an off-board
> way to flash the chips, I'm hoping to order something soon.
> If you have ideas of other things to try please let me know.

Hi Matt,

thanks for you report. The flash chip is marked as untested... have you
verified visually that the actual chip on the board is either a
MX25U6435E or MX25U6435F, and if the read data seems legit? That would
be interesting for flashrom's database. Apart from that I see no
obvious problems with that board from flashrom's perspective.