[flashrom] Flashroom - MS 7502 v1.2 BIOS

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Sat May 3 00:01:02 CEST 2014

On Sat, 08 Feb 2014 14:29:00 +0100
CheVeyo20 <cheveyo20 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello there :),
>
> is it possible to flash an BIOS Chip (Board: MS 7502 v 1.2 with the BIOS
> W7502IM710C) over the JSPI Port with a Raspberry Pi? My BIOS Update went
> wrong and the bootblock is not working.. I did not find the Board in the
> supported Hardware of flashrom :(

Hi, yes that should work.
The mainboard support list does only contain boards that have been
tested with the internal module. With external programmers there are
usually way less problems than with the internal one, on the other hand
there are other issues that are not seen with internal programmers, cf.
http://flashrom.org/ISP