[flashrom] Intel Bay Trail read report

Antonio Ospite ao2 at ao2.it
Sun Nov 23 15:49:24 CET 2014

Hi,

I've got a Bay Trail tablet[1] and I tested flashrom on it, see the
attached report.

As reported in [1] I compiled flashrom statically on my host and then
executed it under Android on the target.

Reading the SPI flash works fine, is it safe enough to test writing too?

I ask because accessing the SPI flash physically for external
programming can be a little more inconvenient for a tablet.

Another question: would it be possible to use flashrom to only reset the
firmware _settings_, while leaving the code untouched?

Thanks,
   Antonio

[1] http://ao2.it/110

--