[flashrom] ease projects task 1.1 find chips without voltage data

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Aug 4 19:42:51 CEST 2015

On Tue, 04 Aug 2015 01:29:02 +0200
sven.waldecker at mail.de wrote:

> Hello Flashrom members,
>
> i want to support the Flashrom project i was reading the easy projects page and want to do Task 1.1 "Find chips without voltage data".
>
> Ive read the flashchips.c
>
> hello flashrom.org members, i complete the voltage ranges in flashchips.c at the moment
>
> the INTEL_28F002BL-T VCC is available in a 3.3 Volt and in a 3.3 Volt Version.
>  should i create two structs one for the 3.3 Volt and the other one for 5 Volt type ?

Hello Sven,

no programmer does use the voltage information yet and therefore I am
not sure we should duplicate the chip as is. A comment like it is done
for some chips with different voltage ranges (normal vs. automotive vs.
military models with slight voltage variations) would probably suffice.
Thanks for looking into this!