[flashrom] Can't identify SPI chip with buspirate_spi programmer

Donald Dade donald.dade at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 08:52:59 CET 2016

Hi again,

Something else which just occurred to me:

I used flashrom on the Chromebook itself to program this very same
chip in the first place, without the -p option, which I assume
defaults to the internal programmer. It worked perfectly. Now that I
bricked it somehow, I tried to restore the BIOS image using flashrom
and the bus pirate as the programmer. This is the failure whose log I
sent you previously.

Any idea why the internal programmer works, but the bus pirate
programmer can't recognize the chip?

Thanks,

Donald