[flashrom] question on padding

David Hendricks david.hendricks at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 21:28:01 CEST 2017

That comes up once in a while, but the idea usually gets shot down
because the size check is more important for the general case.
Deciding whether to place the content at the top or bottom is another
matter.

For chromiumos I added a command to get the flash chip's size
(--get-size IIRC) so that the user can easily create an image of the
appropriate size and dd the content in place. One could also create a
layout file and do a partial write using "-i region:<filename>" syntax
which will only check that the file matches the size of the specified
region.