You can browse the flashrom source code online, or download and install flashrom and/or its source code as explained below.
Installation from source
- pciutils development package (pciutils-dev/libpci-dev/pciutils-devel, depending on OS/distribution)
- zlib development package (zlib1g-dev/zlib-devel, depending on OS/distribution)
- libftdi development package (libftdi-dev), optional support for various external FT2232SPI flashers
- libusb development package (libusb-dev), optional support for various USB-based programmers
- various build utilities like make, gcc etc. (build-essential or similar depending on OS/distribution)
- git (if you checkout the source and build manually)
The Flashrom repository is hosted on coreboot.org and mirrored on Github. All current development happens on the master branch.
- Browse: https://review.coreboot.org/cgit/flashrom.git
- Clone: https://review.coreboot.org/flashrom.git
- Review: https://review.coreboot.org/#/q/project:flashrom+status:open
- Workflow: https://www.coreboot.org/Git
- Browse: https://github.com/flashrom/flashrom
- Clone: https://github.com/flashrom/flashrom.git
- Review: https://github.com/flashrom/flashrom/pulls
- Workflow: https://help.github.com/articles/creating-a-pull-request/
IRC nicknames are mentioned in parentheses.
- Arch Linux:
- DragonFly BSD:
- Installation: pkg_add flashrom
- Maintainer: Jonathan Kollasch (jakllsch)
- Installation from ports: cd /usr/ports/sysutils/flashrom && make install clean
- Installation using a package: pkg_add -r flashrom
- Maintainer: Alexander Logvinov
- The version from subversion's trunk (latest revision while editing is r1416) is usable as well. To checkout and compile the source code you need to install devel/gmake, devel/libpci, devel/subversion and sysutils/dmidecode, either from ports or using "pkg_add -r". The subversion URI is at the top of this page. Compile with "gmake".
- Installation: ?
- Maintainer: ?
- TODO: Are there any ports or binary packages for OpenBSD? Building from source is supported as per README.
- Installation: currently there is no PBI (http://www.pbidir.com/bt/category/sysutils) but the installation instructions to install on FreeBSD can be used. See ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/handbook/handbook_en_ver8.2.html#__RefHeading__223_1034146141
- Maintainer: ?
- T2 SDE
- Installation from source: Emerge-Pkg flashrom
- Installation of binaries: mine -i flashrom-0.9.1.tar.bz2
- Maintainer: ?
- Installation: sudo aptitude install flashrom
- Maintainer: ?, migration happens automatically or semi-automatically from the Debian package
- package overview
- You can also install daily builds of flashrom's development source from a special PPA. Please note that these are experimental binaries that may or may not be safe to use. We try to do our best to let dangerous bugs not slip into this, but it may sometimes happen. Usually it is safer to use those than very old (<=0.9.2) stable releases.
- Installation: See Windows. Only a limited number of programmers are supported so far.
- There were some attempts to create a full Windows port of the flashrom utility but none really succeeded and made it into the source code.