TODO list for this release
- VIA VT6421A
- Baytrail & Rangeley/Avoton support?
- unknown AMD chipset warning (exclude Bolton)
- enum test_state + wiki changes
- fix mapping (of large chips)
- tested stuff
New major user-visible features
- Better support for AMD chipsets in general (speed selection, more conservative defaults etc.).
- Support for AMD Yangtze's SPI controller (found in Kabini and Tamesh). Bolton FCHs (A78, A88X, A77E) are not supported yet.
- Support for switching betweens chips on boards with GIGABYTE's DualBIOS.
- Enable fwh_idsel parameter for C-ICH and ICH2/3/4/5 chipsets.
- Extension of the rayer_spi module to supported various similar devices (Altera ByteBlasterMV, Atmel STK200/300, Wiggler LPT).
- Finer-grained display of support status (new states: configuration-dependent, not applicable).
- Atmel AT45DB family + AT45CS1282
- ESMT F25L32PA
- Fujitsu MBM29LV160BE/TE
- Macronix MX23L3254 (the first supported mask ROM)
- Sanyo LE25FW406A and LE25FU406B
- Spansion S25FL132K and S25FL164K
- SST25LF020A, SST25WF080, SST25VF512A, SST25VF020 and SST25VF020B
- ST M50LPW080
Infrastructural improvements and fixes
- Automatic unmapping and rounding of memory maps.
- Using an internal DMI decoder instead of relying on dmidecode.
- Addition of getrevision.sh to retrieve various data from SCM systems.
- Removal of yet another bunch of exit() calls and other code interfering with the creation of libflashrom.
- First huge step to refactor Intel Chipset Enables.
flashrom 0.9.8 can be downloaded in various ways:
Anonymous checkout from the subversion repository at svn://flashrom.org/flashrom/tags/flashrom-0.9.8
A tarball is available for download at
Please see the archived status page for the hardware supported by this release.