TODO list for this release
- wiki explanation for Dep state on chipsets (ME)
- tested stuff
With the addition of some Macronix mask ROMs and support for accessing EEPROMs attached to Intel 82580 NICs, this is the first flashrom release supporting memory devices that are not NOR flash.
New major user-visible features
- Better support for AMD chipsets in general (speed selection, more conservative defaults etc.).
- Support for AMD Yangtze's SPI controller (found in Kabini and Tamesh) as well as Bolton FCHs (A78, A88X, A77E).
- Support for Intel Silvermont (Bay Trail, Rangeley and Avoton).
- Support for ITE IT8212F parallel programmer as it8212 (found on PCI SATA RAID controllers).
- Support for VIA VT6421A LPC programmer as atavia (found on PCI SATA controllers).
- Support for accessing EEPROMs on Intel network cards based on the 82580 NIC (nicintel_eeprom).
- Support for switching betweens chips on boards with GIGABYTE's DualBIOS (using the dualbiosindex programmer parameter).
- Enable fwh_idsel parameter for C-ICH and ICH2/3/4/5 chipsets.
- Extension of the rayer_spi module to supported various similar devices (Altera ByteBlasterMV, Atmel STK200/300, Wiggler LPT).
- Finer-grained display of support status (new states: configuration-dependent, not applicable).
- Atmel (now Adesto) AT45DB family + AT45CS1282, as well as AT25DL081 and AT25DL161.
- ESMT F25L32PA
- Fujitsu MBM29LV160BE/TE
- Macronix MX23L1654, MX23L3254, MX23L6454, MX23L12854 (the first supported mask ROMs)
- Macronix MX25U12835F
- Sanyo LE25FW106, LE25FW406A and LE25FU406B
- Spansion S25FL132K and S25FL164K
- SST25LF020A, SST25WF080, SST25VF512A, SST25VF020 and SST25VF020B
- ST M50LPW080
Infrastructural improvements and fixes
- Automatic unmapping and rounding of memory maps.
- Using an internal DMI decoder instead of relying on dmidecode.
- Addition of getrevision.sh to retrieve various data from SCM systems.
- Removal of yet another bunch of exit() calls and other code that interferes with the creation of libflashrom.
- First huge step to refactor Intel Chipset Enables.
flashrom 0.9.8 can be downloaded in various ways:
Anonymous checkout from the subversion repository at svn://flashrom.org/flashrom/tags/flashrom-0.9.8
A tarball is available for download at
Please see the archived status page for the hardware supported by this release.