[flashrom] [RFC] Coding style limits

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Wed Dec 16 09:23:44 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 10:33:48PM -0800, ron minnich wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Sean Nelson <audiohacked at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I only knew that dot matrix printers and old computer terminals used the 80
> > columns-width. I didn't know that its a standard from the 1890s. Thanks Ron.
>
> Apologies, I was wrong, it only goes back to 1928 :-)
>
> But we sure don't want to limit ourselves to an 80-year-old standard :-)
>
> ron

Well, i personally try to stick close to the 80char standard, but i am
not religiously stuck to it, as was witnessed in the board enable table
discussion.

I prefer sticking to 80 chars where it does not hurt, and it should be
trivially possible to stick to 80 chars in most cases. Not sure what
exact line causes this now, but i am sure that it can be solved: strings
can be broken up trivially, and we should all by now be used to broken
up strings.

Luc Verhaegen.