[flashrom] Verbose output of lspci, superiotool and flashrom - Intel DP55WB (unsupported)

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Nov 26 14:21:14 CET 2009

Hi Adrian,

On 26.11.2009 13:39, Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> tested an Intel DP55WB, however the chipset was not detected and
> therefore flashing was not possible. Please see the attached logs of
> lspci -nnvvvxxx, superiotool -dV and flashrom -V.
>
> Website: <http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboards/DP55WB/DP55WB-overview.htm>

00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak LPC Interface Controller [8086:3b02] (rev 05)

According to all Intel docs I could find, your chipset does not exist.
In theory, this PCI ID should be mentioned in Intel document 322170
(Intel 5 Series Chipset and Intel 3400 Series Chipset Specification
Update), but the IDs in there are 3b00, 3b01, 3b0d (3b02 is not mentioned).

I will send a patch which adds support for other variants of this
chipset family.

If you have contacts at Intel, please ask them about this.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
Developer quote of the month:
"We are juggling too many chainsaws and flaming arrows and tigers."