[flashrom] Unable to flash bios on a Tyan S2915-E

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Oct 22 11:02:44 CEST 2009

On 22.10.2009 07:56, Alessandro Polverini wrote:
> Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>> Could you please also send the output of "flashrom -V" and "superiotool
>> -dV" to this list (hit "reply all" in your mail client)? This will allow
>> us to check if your board uses flash translation.
>>
> Err... I would like to do it but the technician that upgraded the bios
> (via the regular way) used a wrong version (I suppose he downloaded
> the S2915-E instead of S2915) and the m/b is now unoperable :(
>
> I ordered new PLCC bios chips and I hope to receive them in a few days.

You could try to hotflash the chip in another board as long as the flash
interface is compatible (board can be totally incompatible, doesn't
matter). Simply find out the model number printed on the old flash chip
(you may have to remove a sticker first) and tell us. We can then tell
you which other boards (or flash chips) are compatible. That gets you up
and running fast.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
Developer quote of the week:
"We are juggling too many chainsaws and flaming arrows and tigers."