[flashrom] flashrom failure on Shuttle barebone

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Sep 23 21:57:55 CEST 2009

On 23.09.2009 18:48, ron minnich wrote:
> did you run the flashrom -v command I suggested. It is possible that
> your flash is actually undamaged.

This was a case of a missing board enable, and the flash chip did not
conform to its own datasheet: The area covered by TBL# was 128 kB
(instead of 64 kB as claimed in the datasheet) and TBL# was completely
ignored if you used 4 kB sector erase instead of 64 kB block erase.

Luc and I debugged and fixed this and the machine is working fine.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/