[flashrom] help - flash chip unknown state - attached output files

csh tmp cshtmp at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 22:26:27 CEST 2010

Michael and the flashrom team,

Thank you very much for the helpful, prompt response. Your time and efforts
put into this are much appreciated. Looks like I need further help.

After this issue early today morning, I went to sleep and when I woke
up, found that
the computer had powered off probably due to a transient power outage. When
turned on again, it has booted up seemingly fine (so noticeable issues
so far, 7 hours
uptime after power-on).

As Michael has suggested for verification, I now tried
$  sudo flashrom -v current_bios_amibios3.19.img
flashrom v0.9.1-r706
No coreboot table found.
Found chipset "Intel ICH5/ICH5R", enabling flash write... OK.
This chipset supports the following protocols: Non-SPI.
Calibrating delay loop... OK.
Found chip "Winbond W39V040FA" (512 KB, FWH) at physical address 0xfff80000.
Flash image seems to be a legacy BIOS. Disabling checks.
Verifying flash... VERIFY FAILED at 0x0006e010! Expected=0x08,
Read=0x27, failed byte count from 0x00000000-0x0007ffff: 0x6

Now it says VERIFY FAILED. Please could you advise what to do now ?
Once again, THANK YOU ALL so much. Regards.