[flashrom] [feature-request] skip the unwanted sections in ROM layout

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Apr 27 14:21:44 CEST 2010

Hi Water,

On 27.04.2010 12:25, Water Chen wrote:
> >From the handle_romentries() function, I know the current design for
> "--layout" and "--image" is  to read the unwanted sections from the
> flashchip to a buffer and then write the whole buffer back to the
> flashchip.
> For some reasons, I don't want to touch the unwanted sections in the
> flashchip. Can flashrom just skip them?
> My platform is "Intel ICH10R" and "Atmel AT25DF321".

Partial flashing is not yet possible in flashrom because some generic
infrastructure is missing, but once flashrom 0.9.2 is out, we will add
this feature. Some code already exists, but it has to be reviewed and
tested and merged, and it depends on a refactoring of our write
functions, and that will happen directly after 0.9.2 is out (maybe even
this week).

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--