[flashrom] SB700 IMC disabling

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Aug 19 12:10:12 CEST 2010

Hi Zheng,

running flashrom on certain systems with SB700 family chipsets will
result in read and write corruption. I have added a corruption check to
latest flashrom, and it seems that the IMC will access flash even if
flashrom holds the BiosSemaphore (LPC bridge config space register 0x40,
bit 5).

Matthias Kretz owns a Supermicro H8DGT with this problem, but other
boards (including a MITAC development board) exhibit the same issue.
If we use flashrom to write, the SPI registers (especially FIFO counter
and FIFO) will lock up after some time, and we have not been successful
in getting the stuck board working again.

Is there a way to stop the IMC from the host or to stop all IMC flash
accesses (including read and instruction fetch)?

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/