[flashrom] Help with Flashing a new Bios for a Asus C90P and Asus C90S

d3izzymail-asus at yahoo.com d3izzymail-asus at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 14:07:02 CEST 2010

Hi I can use any help you guys can offer me with my 2 kinds of Laptops The Asus C90S and the Asus C90P

I will Start with the Easy one First the C90S For it alI want to do is simply add more CPUID's to the Bios as I know that you can not just add the raw ID or it will not load or boot at all But I know the CPU I want Will or rather should work it will be arriving tomorrow so I am going to try it.
it is the Intel Xeon X3230 CPU SLACS Kentsfield LGA775 and the reason why I think it will work is not the 775 socket but rather that the Intel® Core™2 Extreme Processor QX6700 (8M Cache, 2.66 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB) is almost an exact match for my intel C90S Motherboard with the Intel® i975G Express Chipset with 82801GB I/O Controller Hub 7 (ICH7/R) at least I think based on info obtained from the program CPUID Version 1.55

Also I solved both the Power heat and overall thermal issues buy buying a spare C90P case and heatsink and 150W power Adapter but if that is sill not enough I can get a 230W  power Adapter Plus add more copper and extra copper fins to the heat sinks.
Also Below is the List of its 975X Chipset Computability List for the QX6700

Chipset its the Intel® 975X Express Chipset  (3 Configurations)

Intel® 975X Express Chipset with 82801GB I/O Controller Hub 7 (ICH7)

# of CPUs: 1

Embedded: No

System Price: N/A

System TDP: 146.8W

Intel® 975X Express Chipset with 82801GDH I/O Controller Hub 7 (ICH7DH)

# of CPUs: 1

Embedded: No

System Price: N/A

System TDP: 146.8W

Intel® 975X Express Chipset with 82801GR I/O Controller Hub 7 (ICH7R)

# of CPUs: 1

Embedded: No

System Price: N/A

System TDP: 146.8W

 So that is what makes me think that if I can just add the Xeon X3230 CPUID and Flash it with all the required Values it will work out ok as my new X3230 is due to arrive here on 08/23/2010 and I know that the Specs are almost Identical vs the QZ6700 as they are these Intel® Xeon® Processor X3230 (8M Cache, 2.66 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB)

However I have Absolutely no idea how to make the Program work.
As I can Not Do any of the Following things as I don't know how because as odd as this will sound I can make most things work in windows but not dos or the command prompt Let me explain I have difficulty making things work if I have to manually input them in code with ether a keyboard or with out a GUI due to a Physical Impairment Disability and a slight Learning impairment.
but despite that I manged to get by as a free lance only PC Technician I even successfully got my Comp Tia A+ From Stevens Henager college but are there any premade  and ready to go on both CD and Flash Drive

1. the first step 1 compile it properly as the manual values and both the compilers how do you do this as I do not reality know at this point whit a compile is in this context let aloe how to do it.

2. I also tried Flash rom and Unifash but with them I still dont understood how to set them up or if ether of them can do the things I need

3. I considered buying a chip but after I looked inside none are removable

4. than I though how about one of these here http://cgi.ebay.com/EasyPro-90B-Universal-Chips-Program-Device-Programmer-/130386772008?pt=BI_Analyzers
and I thought this was great but than no because I have no idea what my EEPROM PLCC or my SOIC is or any others and google doesn't know ether and no one else seams to know

So I was wondering if any one over their could ether help me be ether taking my C90S and C90P .Rom bios files and adding the CPUID's for me add naturally make it bookable and also give me a copy of the .rom file as well for back up just in case
and if possible see if that  EasyPro 90B universal USB programmer 6000+ EEPROM would help ether my C90P or my C90S ether now or later
and is this the same units or a generic equivalent or does the first one do more or work better can you guys tell http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-high-speed-USB-SPI-Programmer-/320557016512?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

As for my C90P the Problem is more complicated but the reason is more simple I used the wrong version of asus Aflash2 it was just too old I guess as I made the mistake of not downloading the latest version I used a the normal one not the top one but the one based on date not by version number.

so can any one over there help me with any of these things I would be eternally grateful thank you