[flashrom] [Patch] Preliminary general superio support.

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Sat Jan 30 01:47:56 CET 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 03:14:20PM -0800, David Hendricks wrote:
> The patch to board_enable.c needs to be updated to apply cleanly with the
> new DMI identification stuff, but otherwise this patch applied cleanly for
> me and I was able to add a superio entry to do some very basic testing -- My
> superio isn't fully supported (yet), but I was able to run through the
> probing steps successfully.

Yeah, but as you can see, it is already older code, as it is from
december :) Aaeons in a project like flashrom :)

> There are three similar-but-different tables used in this file -- One in
> superio_chip_name(), one in superio_probe(), and then the larger superios[]
> table. Maybe we can find a way to use a single table to satisfy the needs of
> all the helper functions?

I want to get rid of the names table, and incorporate that directly in a
wider and unrulier main table. The table for probing needs to stay. It
contains the probe routines, and the probe addresses, and the order in
which the probes happen.

I do not want the mess where one big table gets all probe routines
called (even though 45% + 45% of it are the same two routines), like
what you see with the flash chips.

I need a small table here, when an entry returns a result, the result,
along with the pointer to the probe routine, will get matched in the
main table.

Currently, with the superios in there atm, we run 4 probes:

WB at 0x2E, WB at 0x4E, ITE at 0x2E, ITE at 0x4E

Glad that someone is looking into this though :)

Luc Verhaegen.