[flashrom] SPI Flashing via Bus-Pirate to DFI T3H6

Daniel Flinkmann DFlinkmann at gmx.de
Thu Jun 17 13:56:14 CEST 2010

Hi again,

Am 17.06.2010 um 13:08 schrieb Carl-Daniel Hailfinger:
>> By the way. The first reading tests I have done ( svn1048, 1048+3xBP-patch and
>> 1048+3xBP-patch+no_delay-patch) resulted in three identical binary files. I just
>> double checked that with an md5sum.
>>

> Good. Did those images contain only 0xff bytes or was there real content
> inside (you can use hexdump or xxd to check).

Just 0xff bytes (sorry forget to say that). As you eventually remember, I had made erase tests before the read tests.

> Mh. I expect that an unpatched Bus Pirate driver will have the same
> problems.
> Which Bus Pirate is this, and which firmware are you running on it?
> AFAIK some firmware versions have known bugs which might affect us. If
> your firmware is indeed one of the broken versions, I hope we can add a
> blacklist to flashrom and refuse to communicate unless the Bus Pirate is
> upgraded.

I have a Bus-Pirate V3 with Firmware v4.5. Thats the most updated stable version.
I had refreshed the firmware (and bootloader) just before I started flashing the spi flash chip.
If you know about a firmware which causes the problem, please give me a link to the source
of that info.

cheers,

Daniel

--